Custom Private Photo Tours
Carl has photographed in almost every corner of Alaska, from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in the far northeast, to the Bristol Bay Region in the southwest, to the island and coastal communities of the Southeast. He has also lived in Anchorage since 1999, and is extremely familiar with locations in the Southcentral Region.
Nearby Anchorage, he can arrange for photo excursions including:
- Alpine and coastal wildflowers
- Boreal and temperate rain forest
- Wildlife, from Dall Sheep to moose
- Rivers, streams, waterfalls, coastal waterways, and glaciers
- Aerial photography from fixed wing or helicopter
- Katmai National Park & Preserve
- Lake Clark National Park & Preserve
- Kenai Fjords National Park
- Kenai Peninsula locations like Seward and Homer
- Prince William Sound
Away from Anchorage, Carl can also provided guided photo excursions to:
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve
- Denali National Park & Preserve
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Gates of the Arctic National Park & Preserve
Photo opportunities at these locations range from wildlife such as caribou, moose, brown bears, polar bears, wolves, marine mammals, collared pika, snowshoe hare, willow ptarmigan, and many others. Landscapes range from coastal to alpine mountain landscapes, tundra and taiga forest, wetlands and glaciers.
Cost is $500 per person plus expenses (meals and transportation) for tours lasting up to 8 hours, $750 per person per day plus expenses (meals, transportation and lodging) for each 24-hour period of tours lasting longer than a full day. With tours involving more than one person, the daily rate is reduced depending on the size of the group. If you book a custom tour that is at least three days long and based in Anchorage, complimentary lodging is provided at Carl’s home and gallery on the Anchorage hillside.
Do you have a dream for an Alaska photo adventure? Contact Carl today to describe your goals and help us design an Alaska photo excursion for you. We strive to ensure that both the location and type of instruction offered meets your specific needs and interests. Once your trip is designed, Carl arranges all logistics and contracts necessary to get you to your photo destination.